Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Where's Winter?

I ain’t no meteorologist but I know winter was not supposed to end on the first week of February. I think most Park City locals can agree that it is way to early for grass to be revealing and flowers to be budding. Yesterday I went about a routine that would fit more into a June weather pattern. Late June. I wore a t-shirt to school, I ran in shorts and a tank top, and I almost got stung by a bee. Maybe you didn’t hear that clearly… A BEE. You know, Winter is one of my favorite seasons. And one of the many reasons for that is because there are no mosquitos, ants, or bees. 

Somethin’ is up. And I do not like it. 

We are exactly half way through our ski season but it is starting to look like it may rap up before the anticipated date. It is like Spring skiing up on the hill. Sixty degrees, sweatshirts, and slush. 

*Please take a second glance at that last sentence. It contains alliteration,  in which a number of words begin with the same consonant sound. Shoutout to my sixth grade Language Arts teacher, Mrs. DeKoff. YOU DA BOMB<3*

ANYWAYS, Back on the topic of Spring… OH WAIT, it’s Winter not Spring. Sorry must have gotten the two missed up because at this moment they are lookin’ a whole lot alike and are very hard to distinguish. Oh man, I am heated. Heated, meaning angry but also a feeling of warmth, because I am not at all chilly like I am supposed to be during this season of Winter.
February 1st, 2015

February 11th, 2015
If you do not understand the pain I am in right now, you are probably live on the coast California and do not ever feel the desire for snow. OR you are from the East Coast where the snow is already abundant yet keeps on falling. I think mother nature has something against Utah… And I am bound to get to the bottom of whatever that is. 

I mean one week the high temperature is five degrees and snow won’t stop coming down. And then the low for the next week is fifty degrees and the sun beats down the entire day. OR it is fifty degrees and pouring down rain. RAIN. EW. 

If you have plans to visit Park City “the dream ski town” for winter vacation, I encourage you to change flights and visit Vermont, where those ski town dreams will actually come true. However, if you are THAT desperate to visit our town just make sure you throw a bikini in your suitcase. Your going to want it. 

Sadly, Mother Nature has left me with no choice but to anticipate more mood swings on the horizon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment