Wednesday, February 4, 2015

#sundance2k15

Hello to my loyal readers! And bon voyage to everyone else. YES, I am talking about you people who just came to look at my pictures... TOODLE-OO. 

Anyways, we all know that it is that time of year again. Park City becomes the definition of a "big" town. Which is a good thing because us locals get to meet famous people for the first time ever. But then it is not so grand when the roads are filled with insane lunatics and it takes me twenty minutes just to pull out of my driveway. 

Sundance in full swing up on Main Street.
(Photo Courtesy of Hoola)
And so begins the annual Sundance Film Festival... and an unhealthy stress level for me! YAY. 

In reality that is not entirely a true statement. I mean I am not stressed the entire time... Only when I have to deal the impolite tourists that think they are driving on the LA highways during rush hour. Although when they are rude I take that as the indication that I can be rude right back. So that means I get to use the car horn, YESSS. I really do love that thing!

Your thoughts perhaps?  " But you can see documentaries!" "And dress up!" "And meet famous people!"

Yeah, all those things about Sundance do make me feel lucky to live in Park City, but they are definitely not my favorite parts. My all-time favorite activity to do during Sundance is people watch. The act of watching random strangers walk by… and judging them. 

Point Made.
(Photo Courtesy to the big sis)
Now you probably think that I am some arrogant, judgmental, person but it isn’t like I am posting pictures of these people on the internet. Well… I have only done that once. Just kidding, I have come close to doing it, but never will. Anyways, if you saw what some of these tourists were wearing, you would definitely struggle to stifle a chuckle.

This year at Sundance I am not seeing that many films. In actuality, I only saw one. The film was called Dark Horse. It was really well made, entertaining, and a wonderful story. 
SPOILER ALERT: Just kidding! I ain’t gunna spoil nothing.
SPOILER ALERT: Did you actually think I would do it this time? #Gullible 

Anywho, today I leave for a ski race in Sun Valley so I’ll be skipping the tail end of Sundance this year. 

Last night I was thinking about this as I fell asleep. Obviously my first feeling was hallelujah, no more sundancers! And then, something weird happened. I felt… bummed.


Writing this blog made me realize something… they always do! Sundance does make me flustered and some people just get on my nerves. However, I think I would feel pretty upset if the festival went to any other town. Sundance is the one time that I get to live in a true ‘big’ town, and I have learned to embrace every aspect of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment