Thursday, May 7, 2015

Live in the Moment

I’m upset. You wanna know why I’m upset? Well as usual, I don’t really care if you want to know, because I am going to tell you anyway! So HA.

Anyway, I am upset because we only have 26 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes, and 44 seconds until school ends. UNTIL FRESHMEN YEAR ENDS. That means that we only have 1,124 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes, and 44 seconds until our high school years end. It may sound like a lot now, but before we know it we are going to be beginning senior year. Which if you really want to know is in 842 days, 22 hours, 34 minutes, and 11 seconds. And then we will wish we could add even more time onto our High School years. So yeah… That is why I am upset. Oh, and it is raining. 

Throwback to when I was living 1/7th of my life!
I remember one day when I was younger, I was telling my sister, Katy, how each year seems to go by faster than the previous one. At the time, I thought it was just my imagination, I mean that couldn’t have possibly been true. However, I guess the impossible is sometimes possible. I learned that day, that as you grow up, each year is actually shorter than previous one. Right now, I am fifteen years old. So this year is 1/15th of my lifetime. When I am in my senior year, I will be 18 years old. That is 1/18th of my life! 

So what does that tell us?
We need to cherish each day we have as we grow up because as we keep getting older, more and more days will seem to disappear. As much as we completely dread waking up in the morning at 6 am to go become educated at the dungeon, we will miss it someday. Yes, that’s right. Someday when you are thirty years old working in a cubicle on the fourth floor of some sky scraper in New York City, you might actually miss the crammed hallways of Treasure Mountain Junior High. I know I will. 

“Today is the oldest you’ve ever been, and the youngest you’ll ever be again.”


9th grade is the year where we begin to regret the decisions we made in the past because we can’t take the classes we want, or we can’t make the team we want. But it is also the year where we become stressed about our future because grades begin to count. As I look back on my last year at Treasure Mountain I realize that I am a victim of both living in the past and living in the future. When I really wish I had lived in the present and just appreciate each moment as it comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment