Sunday, May 10, 2015

This is Just the Beginning...

A lot of kids are going to tell you that this is their last blog post ever. Well stay tuned because that’s not the case for me!

At the beginning of the year, Mr. Parker told our class to write down what we thought a blog was. This is what I put: “I think a blog is a personal website with stories where the reader can express their feelings and the posts are published for anyone to read.” 

Little did I know that expressing my feelings would not only benefit myself.

The other day in English class a girl came up to me and said, “OMG I love reading your blog, Liza.” She completely changed the way I think of posting
You gotta love this place.

At the beginning of the year, I looked at blogging as a way to express MY feelings, I didn’t necessarily care who else it impacted. Actually, I guess you could argue that at that time I had zero followers so it really wasn’t impacting anyone else. However, now that I can proudly say I have eight followers, I realize that my blog made a bigger impact on others than I ever thought possible. That’s what blogging is really about. Uniting people through common experiences or beliefs. 

After first quarter, if someone had asked if I thought I would continue to blog once the year ends I would have probably said “no.” At that point blogging was difficult for me, all my ideas were there, I just didn’t know how to put them on paper. On the other hand, if someone asked me if I was going to continue writing my blog after its not a requirement for a grade, I would say “hopefully!” Blogging is no longer an assignment for me, it’s something I look forward to doing.

So, I just want to give a HUGE thank you to all of the people who have given me a reason to write this blog: My parents, sisters, friends, fellow classmates, my mom’s book club, Mr. Parker, and obviously the most important of all: My two fluffy donkeys. If I didn’t have you guys, I would simply have nothing to write about. So you definitely deserve some credit. 

It's so fluffy I'm gunna die!
But I would also like to give an even HUGER thank you to blogging itself. As much as I complain about writing blogs I know I will eventually learn to become thankful for it. 

Ever since I started writing a blog I look at experiences differently and always wondering: “Is that a good blog topic?” Luckily, our wonderful town of Park City, UT is always buzzing with material to write/gossip/complain about.

Every town is known for something:

Aspen, Colorado is known for great hiking trails.
Florence, Italy is known for having great food.
Los Angeles, California is known for being the home of celebrities. 
Dublin, Ireland is known to be filled with kind people.
Big Sky, Montana is known for having insane skiing.


And Park City, UT? We’re known to have them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment