Sunday, March 8, 2015

Almost Famous

Hello to my three loyal followers. SO, I figured you were kind of bored about hearing me complain about the warm weather. It may come as a surprise, but I'm actually kind of digging the heat. 

Ski season is coming to an end for me, that means right into track. And track is THAT much better when you can run in shorts, which mother nature has made the only option. 

Every Tuesday and Thursday the distance crew runs to the top of Swede Alley and then down the center of Main Street. You would be surprised how many people gasp as they see our bare legs and sleeveless arms. If you haven't already guessed, these are usually the people wearing a long fur coat, a scarf, gloves with hand warmers, most likely two pairs of pants and carrying a grande cup from Starbucks right under their chin so the steam warms their shivering face. And to keep their mascara from running as their eyes water in the “bitter cold weather”. Not to mention this is all taking place on a bluebird day with a temperature low of fifty degrees. LOW. 

It’s funny to think about what they would be wearing if they had come a week earlier and experience twenty-five degree weather. Or better yet, if they came in December when we considered warm to be three degrees. 

Running Down Main Street!
(Photo from Claire Breiholz's instagram)
Finally they blink after a good eight seconds of wide eyes due to the sight of exposed skin and decide they want to take a picture of us so they can remember the “crazy” runners they saw while visiting Park City, UT. 

I like to think that they send the picture to all their relatives and that I will become famous someday.

Of course I have always looked forward to running on Tuesdays and Thursdays because they are our easy days. However over the past couple of weeks, these two days have become even better. It seems we usually find ourselves walking down main street just because it is easier for all the wide eyed tourists to take our picture. 

I’m not even going to try to hide how thankful I am to these overdressed out of towers because: 
Number 1: Just when I feel like my legs are going to give out in the middle of a run, the tourist’s insane outfits make me smile boosting my energy. 
Number 2: They give me the opportunity to stop running each time they take my picture. Always a bonus. 
And Number 3: if they ARE sending these pictures to family and friends they are bringing me one step closer to reaching my ultimate goal in life of becoming famous. 


No comments:

Post a Comment