Monday, March 16, 2015

The Vocabulary is Actually Vital, Don’t Forget To Do It

You know those nights where you sit straight up in bed freaking out because you forgot to do something? 

It was 11:40 on a Wednesday night. (Actually, I am not really sure what time it was but just go with it for the dramatic experience). Where was I? Oh yeah, it was 11:40 on a Wednesday night. I had gone to bed without doing any homework thinking that I had none to do. BIG MISTAKE. Life Lesson: There is always homework. Especially if you are in 9th grade Honors English class… Preferably with Mr. Parker. 

Anyways, the hair stood straight up on the back of my neck. My Vital Vocabulary

I know what you are thinking… Vital Vocab… Seriously Liza? You freaked out because of Vital Vocab?

I cannot deny it. There was no way I was going to bed that night with the thousands of possibilities crossing my mind: That’s it, I’ve failed the class. I’m never going to school again! When did I become so irresponsible? I’m Appalled at myself. What will colleges think of me? How will I show up everyday to school and face the hatred in Mr. Parker’s eyes? My life is over. 

My heart started beating a million times a minute. My head was throbbing. My shaking hands became clammy.

I bolted upstairs to my parent’s bedroom. They had been peacefully reading but both jumped out of bed at the sound of my scrambling footsteps. By the look on my face they probably thought my dog had a seizure or a real emergency was taking place. 

“MOM, I FORGOT TO DO MY VITAL VOCAB!!!” 

Ya know, usually when a person experiences a sensation like this in the middle of the night, they are comforted by their loving parents… Not laughed at. 

I wasn't kidding...
I guess now that I think back to the night, it was probably a pretty entertaining scene. I was hysterical. 

I have definitely learned more out of not doing my Vital Vocab. than I ever would if I had:

  1. Never bound up the stairs if you have a 13 year old dog.
  2. Never watch Pretty Little Liars on the night of a White Day. 
  3. Never doubt the fact that you have homework… You ALWAYS do.

And, I have learned even more about myself:
  1. I should probably keep an agenda.
  2. I should probably set an alarm for Monday nights. (Already Accomplished). 
  3. I should probably realize that while twenty points may seem like a lot at the time, it is not the difference between me becoming a garbage truck driver or a some wealthy anesthesiologist. 
  4. I will always be some over-achieving, painstaking, meticulous dork.
  5. I should probably stop refusing to accept number four. 

No comments:

Post a Comment