Thursday, March 12, 2015

Two Hours of Happiness

There are two nights during the week that my family lives for. 

We go about a routine unlike any other day… We eat dinner on the couch. My mom stays up past eight o’clock. And the weirdest of all, I don’t wait until nine o’clock to begin my homework. 

You could say American Idol pretty much runs our lives.
(For the record that was a joke. We also enjoy watching the Bachelor.)
(For the record that was a joke too. We are actually a very active family that enjoys going on night walks, long hikes and excruciating bike rides. Because we all know how much I LOVE to bike right???) 

"And this, is American Idol!" -Ryan Seacrest
(Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia)
Every family has that one thing that they kind of keep a secret because it’s a little embarrassing. Well ours is the fact that we absolutely live for Wednesday and Thursday nights because we get to watch our favorite singing competition. Oops, I guess I kinda just let the family secret slip. That’s okay I trust my four followers will keep it under the radar. 

OMG I almost forgot to tell you guys the great news! I obtained another follower on Tuesday, that brings me to… Da da da daaa da da da daaaaa four followers!! I don’t know if I have ever been so excited before. Morgan, whoever you are, just know that you totally made my week… And probably my month too. 
HE'S SO COOL.
(Photo Courtesy of Pitch)

ANYWAYS, back to American Idol. 

SO, when I try to express my love for the show to my friends, I am immediately shut down by their gossip from some show called the Voice. Like, why would you watch THAT when you can watch Idol, am I right? I do not know who the judges are on The Voice, but American Idol has the best of the best, which is practically unbeatable. Harry Connick Jr., who has sold over twenty-eight million albums worldwide. Jennifer Lopez, named the world’s most beautiful women by People Magazine. And Keith Urban, I don’t even have to justify him. IT’S KEITH URBAN. The most beautiful man in the world… Named by ME. 

As you can see, American Idol is a pretty special thing. And the best part is it makes everyone happy. 

My mom has something to look forward to all day long and it gives her a reason to stay up past her usual of eight o’clock. 

My dad, although he puts on the, “I am way too cool for this show” face, I almost always catch him texting in a vote on the American Idol app. 

My dog, because if you haven’t noticed, dogs like any scenario where the family is all sitting in one room and they can wedge in comfortably between two members. 

My sisters and I because we simply love the show… And looking at Keith Urban!

And lastly, my super cool teachers, who are happy because television is making a positive impact on the amount of procrastination I do in a week. 

Who knew TV could be so great? 
Obviously not  the people watching the Voice, am I right?

1 comment: